Kankakee County Humane Foundation
2114 State Rt 1
St Anne, IL 60964
Hours of operation
7-6:30 Monday through Sunday
Hour open to the public
12-4 Tuesday through Saturday
The Kankakee County Humane Foundation (KCHF) is a 501(c) (3) non- profit organization that is a no-kill animal shelter. The Foundation is entirely dependent on memberships and private donations and does not receive any tax revenue or public funds. Since 1963 the Foundation has rescued unwanted, neglected and abandoned dogs and cats in the Kankakee County area.
The Foundation adopts out their animals to safe, loving and caring homes through an application and screening process. The Foundation supports responsible pet ownership by performing background checks and validating personal and veterinary references listed on adoption applications.
The Foundation home foster our puppies, kittens, some dogs and cats exposing them to in-home living, manners and socialization. The KCHF provides community support by engaging in animal welfare advocacy in the following areas:
- Providing emergency pet food assistance when supply is available
- Offering low income spay and neuter voucher assistance
- Providing food and veterinary care assistance when needed to maintain owner retention
- Partnering with other rescues organizations and agencies
- Working to eliminate dog fighting and abuse in our community through education and legislative action
- Partnering with local veterinarians to promote adoption, care, spay and neutering
- Teaching care and responsible pet care and ownership to the public including class presentations to elementary schools and children’s organizations
- Offering Illinois Dept. of Agriculture Licensed Humane Investigators to respond to concerns of abuse and neglect
The KCHF is not affiliated with the United States Humane Society.